Medieval Monk Costume- Plus Size
Any man, rich or poor, noble or peasant could become a Medieval monk. And you can too!
- Description: This plus size monks costume includes a rustic robe, hooded capelet, rope belt and tonsure wig.
- Color: Brown
- Size: Plus Size- Fits most up to 6’ 2’’-300 lbs.
- Robe measures 60’’ from back neck to hem and includes a 75’’ long cotton rope belt
- Cotton Robe and Belt
- The model pictured is 6’- 285 lbs.
- Cross and Sandals not included
All Medieval monks were clean shaven. They were distinguished by their partly shaven hair called tonsures. Their hair was shaved except for a narrow strip round the head. Tonsures were a symbol of their renunciation of worldly fashion and esteem. A tonsure might also indicate that a monk had received clerical status.