Velvet King's Crown
by Jacobson Hat
A hat fit for a King.
- Description: This is a modern interpretation of a European Royal Crown. This hat features soft red velvet-like fabric that is trimmed with gold lame, faux plastic jewel trim and faux ermine edging. This Velvet King’s Crown is an inexpensive alternative to many other royal crowns for skits or school plays.
- Includes: Velvet king’s crown.
- Color: Red with gold trim and white/black faux fur.
- Size: One size. Fits most children and adults. (The hat runs large and fits up to a 24’’ head).
- Fabric: Polyester, Plastic trim
- Suggestion: If the hat is too large you can stitch in elastic in the back, pin tucks with safety pins to make it smaller or attach hat foam inside the crown’s bottom edge.
- Trivia: Historically, ermine (in their winter white coats with black tipped tails) was the status quo fur for royalty, and the most sought-after fur for court presentations and official portraiture. Ermine, as it turns out, became linked with Western European courts due to a symbolic legend stating that an ermine would “rather die than be defiled/soiled”, as translated from the Latin, “potius mori quam foedari”. Hence its representation of royal “moral purity.” European monarchs used ermine and art as a projection of power and wealth from the onset of their reign.